1. Legal Identity
Oxford Tube and oxfordtube.com are trading names of Thames Transit Limited, a company registered in England (Registered No. 2272113) whose registered office is Dawbank, Stockport, Cheshire SK3 0DU England and whose ultimate parent company is Stagecoach Group Plc, a company registered in Scotland (Registered No. SC 100764) whose registered office is at 10 Dunkeld Road, Perth, PH1 5TW Scotland.Back to top
The information published on the Oxford Tube website is provided as a convenience to visitors and should be used for information purposes only and is subject to change without notice. Whilst Oxford Tube uses all reasonable efforts to ensure that the information contained on its website is current, accurate and complete at the date of publication, no representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of such information. Neither Oxford Tube, Thames Transit Limited nor Stagecoach Group plc, can therefore be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information appearing on this website.
In addition, no warranty is given as to the freedom of this website from errors, defects, viruses or other malicious programs or macros.
Back to top
We will try to keep our website available but cannot guarantee that our website will operate continuously or without interruptions or be error free and can accept no liability for its unavailability. You must not attempt to circumvent security, tamper with, hack into or otherwise disrupt any computer system, server, website, router or any other Internet connected device.Back to top
We reserve the right to make changes or corrections, alter, suspend or discontinue any aspects of our website or the content or services available through it (although we will honour any existing bookings or provide a refund in the event of unavoidable cancellations). Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new feature, content, products and services offered shall be subject to these terms and conditions.Back to top
Links from this website exist for convenience and information. Neither Oxford Tube, Thames Transit Limited nor Stagecoach Group plc makes any representations regarding, or accepts any responsibility or liability for the products, services or information (or any reliance on it) contained on any such site. The existence of a link to another website does not imply or express endorsement of its provider, product or services by Oxford Tube, Thames Transit Limited or Stagecoach Group plc.Back to top
6. Copyright Notice
The entire contents of this website are the property of Stagecoach Group plc its affiliates or its third party licensors, and are protected by international copyright laws and other intellectual property rights.
You may download or print individual sections of the website for personal use and information and for the purposes of placing an order only provided that you retain all copyright and other proprietary notices. You may not reproduce (in whole or in part), modify, de-compile, disassemble or transmit or use for any commercial purpose whatsoever any information from this website without contacting and obtaining the prior written consent of Stagecoach Group plc.
Back to top
We take your privacy very seriously and will only use the information that we collect about you in accordance with good commercial practice and applicable law. We collect and retain certain personal information about you (for example your email address) and use this to provide the service you’ve requested, such as to confirm your order or reply to an enquiry.
We may provide your personal information to organisations directly involved in the update and/or maintenance of the website, including our website designers and technical consultants. This information will be used by such organisations only to perform their functions and/or to provide the service you have requested and for no other purpose.
In addition, all payment transactions are handled by our partner WorldPay, a secure payment processing provider and wholly owned subsidiary of the Royal Bank of Scotland Group. Your credit/debit card and related personal details are collected by WorldPay in order to process your order. More details regarding WorldPay’s terms and conditions, and privacy and security policies can be found by visiting the WorldPay website.
It not our our policy to provide any further organisation(s) with your details or information provided to us via our website, unless required by law. If you are an existing customer, Oxford Tube and other companies in the Stagecoach Group plc group of companies may use your email address to provide you with information about promotions and services we think may be of interest to you; however, you can choose not to receive such notices. If you are simply a visitor to the website and not an existing customer of Oxford Tube, we may nonetheless wish to give you the opportunity to receive such information and may ask for your consent to do so.
Should you wish more details about the information we hold on you, or wish to have your personal details removed from our database at any time, then please contact us.
If the credit/debit card holder for bookings is not you, it will be your responsibility to ensure that you have the card holder’s consent before entering any related details, and that such details when entered are true. Other than the foregoing, by using the Oxford Tube website you confirm that you will only enter personal information about yourself (with the exception of the Email this site to a friend section) and that such information is true.
Back to top
We use different types of cookies and each has a specific function. Some cookies are essential to the working of the website and allow you to navigate easily from page to page and perform certain functions (e.g. making a purchase). Other nonessential cookies allow us to analyse how you use our site, which enables us to make decisions about how best to improve the website design and functionality to fit your future needs.
Stagecoach will not store personally identifiable information such as credit card or address details in the cookies we create. All data collected using a cookie will be anonymous and will not hold specific knowledge of who a visitor is.
Usually web browsers are set to accept cookies. If you have visited this site, however, and did not want cookies to be used, please exit the site and use your browser tools settings to delete the cookies. If you do this and revisit this site, cookies will again be set unless you change your browser settings to reject cookies.
Stagecoach is committed to comply with the recent legislation changes for storing information on a user’s computer or mobile device which are detailed on the ICO website. We aim to be honest and clear about your privacy when using our website.
Back to top
9. Use of Our Website
By using the site you confirm that you possess the legal authority to enter into the conditions of use for this site, including instructing us to collect any payments from a credit or debit card, and are using this site in accordance with all its terms and conditions. You confirm that all information supplied by you in using this site is true and accurate.Back to top
10. Unlawful or Prohibited Use of Our Website
As a condition of your use of the Oxford Tube website, you agree that you will not use this website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms and conditions.Back to top
11. Booking Terms & Conditions
- Refunds for passes are calculated by subtracting the cost of travel undertaken from the original cost of the pass/ticket. The cost of travel itself is calculated by adding together the cost of the shorter duration passes/tickets that would have been bought had the (ANNUAL/MONTHLY/WEEKLY/DAILY) pass not been purchased. All refund requests must be sent with the original ticket via recorded/ special delivery or courier and addressed to Oxford Tube, Horspath Road, Oxford OX4 2RY. Refunds are NOT available from our drivers or at the travel shop. Tickets (SINGLE/RETURN/PERIOD RETURN/NIGHTRIDER) ordered online are non-transferrable and non-refundable.
- Where appropriate confirmations may only be redeemed on the date provided by the customer at the time of transaction.
- Up to two children, aged 15 or under may travel free of charge on the Oxford Tube between Oxford and London (except on Saturdays) when accompanied by a fare paying ADULT. Children travelling alone must purchase a child ticket. For safety reasons we do not allow children under the age of 14 to travel without a responsible adult. The free child offer is not available with adults travelling on Tube 12 tickets or travelling between Hillingdon and London or Lewknor and Oxford.
- Passengers are required to present a valid printed email voucher, provided at the time of booking, when boarding a Oxford Tube service. You must then exchange this printed email voucher with our driver. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept any other form of reference other than the printed email voucher.
- If we have reason to suspect the fraudulent use of a confirmation/ticket, we reserve the right to refuse you travel on our service(s). No refund will be made in relation to any confirmation refused due to fraudulent use.
- When your reservation has been completed we will issue you with a confirmation email. It is your responsibility to check that the confirmation issued to you is accurate. We are only responsible for issuing the confirmation in line with your request made on the website.
- Any student/young person wishing to claim the discounted rate of travel must present their valid NUS, ISIC, official University photo-identification card or Young Persons rail/coach card to the driver when purchasing a ticket or handing in an internet booking.
- Dogs are carried at the owner's own risk. They are carried on condition that they are clean, on a leash, under proper control and do not cause inconvenience or annoyance to other passengers. They must not be placed on passenger seats. The owner will be responsible for any injury caused to another passenger through failure to comply with these conditions.
- Luggage - In the interests of the safety and comfort of all of our customers, we restrict the size, type and quantity of luggage or other belongings which you can bring onto our buses and reserve the right to refuse permission for you to bring any item onto our buses. On services operated by buses, as opposed to coaches, we reserve the right, at the discretion of the driver, to refuse any large, unsuitable or awkward packages or an excessive amount of personal hand luggage.
Luggage - On certain long distance services operated by coaches, larger bags and suitcases up to a maximum weight limit of 20kg should be presented to the driver for storage in the rear or underfloor lockers or trailer as necessary.
Only the driver may store or remove luggage from the lockers or trailer, but it is your responsibility to see your luggage put on and taken off a coach, or checked in at any station where check-in arrangements apply. Except for any luggage stored in the hold of a coach, you must also look after your luggage at all times, including at any station and your hand luggage whilst on a coach.
Luggage locker storage may not be available on certain local services operated by coaches. If in doubt contact Oxford Tube customer services for assistance. You remain responsible for any items you bring. You may not be allowed to travel if, for example, the available space for carriage of luggage is already full or, if, in the opinion of the driver, your luggage or belongings will block gangways and access to emergency exits on the bus.
We cannot be held responsible for any loss or inconvenience to you if you are refused travel under these circumstances.
Our liability for luggage is limited to £100 per passenger and you are advised to ensure that you have proper insurance if your luggage is worth more than this.
We reserve the right to request that you open any article of luggage for inspection by the driver or other company officer in your presence if, for reasons of security, it is considered necessary to do so.
Fragile items such as electronic goods, portable televisions, computers, radios etc will only be carried if they are of reasonable size and securely packed. We will not be responsible for damage to such items however caused.
Paint may only be carried in original and properly sealed containers of 5 litres or less.
Certain items cannot be carried under any circumstances in the interests of safety. These include accumulators, explosives, ammunition, weapons and combustible or otherwise hazardous materials including petrol.
- The outbound journey date is the date that you intend to redeem your email voucher for a ticket. Please note that this date is non-transferable and that email vouchers will only be exchanged for tickets on the date selected. Failure to exchange voucher on the outbound date will mean that the voucher is invalid and can't be used for the return section of the journey.
- Back to top
12. My ticket/pass has been lost/stolen
If a pass is lost or stolen this should immediatley be reported to the police and Stagecoach,
• We may consider an application for a duplicate pass in exceptional circumstances.
• Passes must be over 4 weeks. We do not issue duplicates for lost/stolen 7 day, 4 weeks or 12 trip passes
• Even in exceptional cases we will only allow one duplicate in any 12 month period. However, we may allow a second duplicate issue if:
a. the original pass is returned to the company within one month of you reporting the theft
b. the first or second request for a duplicate was because of theft, fire or other exceptional
circumstances, the facts of which have been reported to the police, the fire service or other
• There is an administration charge of £25 when we issue a duplicate pass.
• Damaged/illegible passes will be replaced where the damaged/illegible pass has been returned - cost £10
Back to top